Thursday, January 3, 2013

anna karenina

 I love it so much. I first tried to tackle it when I was 18. I got a few pages in and decided to stick to Stephen King. But after seeing Joe Wright's "Anna Karenina," I was inspired to try it again (it is with a sheepish hand that I type that bit of info. I don't love admitting that movie adaptations inspire me to read the books, but there you have it).
And I'm just loving it. The writing just sticks with me and some of his sentences are just so beautifully crafted, I go back and reread again and again. And thank god for those it's-slow-at-work-because-of-the-holidays shifts at the restaurant. I could read my book with my feet up and a Bailey's on the rocks.

2 comments:

  1. I've never read that. It's embarrassing how little of the Russians I've got under my belt!

    And yes, those holiday shifts are a universal thing. I've been sneaking chapters on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even seen the film yet, but will head to Powell's and look for a copy.

    ReplyDelete